Thursday 7 May 2015

Just keep swimming

Today's society has held people back from the simplest things. How you see yourself is what matters not what others think of you! I say this but when i was standing around waiting to get into the pool on Wednesday I felt VERY uncomfortable as everyone's eyes scanned one another. I am no wear near confident in my body i can gladly say my unfit self-swam half a mile with a smile! Once I was in the pool swimming all thoughts about my body were gone because body could see it.

I used to swim so much when I was younger but I stopped because it was taking up all my weekends. In 2nd year I went back swimming to do a lifesaving course and I hated it so stopped but when I when I started swimming the other day I realized how much I missed it! It was such a good day and I really enjoyed myself.
 I was in a team with aoibhin and Alison and we each had to do 23 lengths because we knew there wasn’t a hope we could do a mile alone so we split it up. When aoibhin and I got to 23 lengths we thought we might as well keep going to half so we did. As surprising as it is I actually swam 32 lengths. Before I got in I said I would have been able to do much more than 6 maybe even 4  but when I got to 6 I was like ok get to 10 an then I was like one more and one more and before I knew it I was doing it no bother. I felt like I accomplished something!

It was all for a great cause and everybody enjoyed themselves. To future people getting the opportunity to do swim a smile with a smile but don’t like their body and don’t want to put on a swimsuit I say just go for it. YESS you will feel uncomfortable and awkward for a few minutes but before you know it you will be in the pool and nobody will see your body that im sure is perfect anyway! And if you think you aren’t fit enough to do a lot of lengths you have loads of time, nobody rushes you and you can stop whenever you want!


For more information click here!

Im just a teenage girl who hates the thought of growing up but im doing it with a smile on my face and a positive attitude. I hope you liked reading about my time swimming in the nation aquatic centre for swim a mile with a smile - Miss.Galligan! x

No comments:

Post a Comment